What stands out
- It’s really simple to use which makes it perfect for baking with the kids
- Includes all of the attachments you'll need for any recipe
- Easy to use controls let you make adjustments to the speed as you bake
- The bowl and attachments are dishwasher safe, so you can put your feet up when you’ve finished baking
- Perfect for the avid baker, it is compact enough to leave standing on your worktop
- Even on the highest speed, the suction feet keep it steady
If you’re like me, you’ll love the tasty treats that come from baking, but not the hard work. All that mixing and whisking can really make your arm ache and, when you’ve finished, you've barely got the energy to try the results!
That was until I tried the electriQ Stand Mixer. I was amazed its power from the second I turned it on. Not only does it take on those strenuous tasks, it does them in a fraction of the time. Your mixture will be ready in a flash, so remember to pre-heat the oven before you start!
It has a 5.2 litre bowl, around half a litre bigger than most other larger machines on the market, which gives you plenty of room for batch baking or even cakes with several tiers. It detaches and clicks into place really easily, so you’re less likely to spill your mixture by struggling to take it off. It works in a planetary motion or, in other words, the mixer moves in one direction and the mixing tool moves the other, so it'll mix all of your ingredients without missing a spot. Rubber suction feet stop it from moving around your worktop, even while it’s on full speed.
It’s really powerful and lets you choose the perfect speed so you know you’ll get the best results. There are eight speeds in total, with an added pulse option which gives you an instant burst of power, perfect for thicker mixtures.
What stands out to me is the range of attachments this mixer comes with. It’s great for making anything from Yorkshire puddings to bread and even dreaded pastries. With a whisk, beating blade and kneading blade all included, you’re equipped for every recipe. A rubber scraper helps you get more of your mixture out of the bowl too, which is bad news for the bowl lickers!
There’s another part of baking I don’t enjoy, and I’m sure you’ll agree – the clean-up. But there’s no stress with this mixer. The bowl, attachments and scraper are all dishwasher safe – what more could you ask for? If you spill any of your mixture on the machine itself, you can wipe it away really easily thanks to its ultra-smooth surface. There’s even a handy splash control lid to help you keep the mixture in the bowl, where it should be!
If you enjoy baking, then this stand mixer is the must have gadget for your kitchen.
- Mixing speeds: 8
- Maximum power: 1000W (mixing), 1500W (pulse)
- Bowl capacity: 5.2L
- Attachments: Whisking blade, beating blade, kneading blade
- Dimensions: H 355 x W 280 x D 390mm
- Weight: 7.21kg
- 8 mixing speeds
- Pulse mode
- Dishwasher safe bowl and attachments
- Handy splash guard
- Simple dial controls
- Suction feet for safe operation
- 1 Year Warranty